Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Summary: This position will be responsible to coordinate project team activities supporting the Project Managers (PM) including overseeing the financial reporting for multiple projects, responsible to monitor project budgets, and creating work orders to assure accurate depiction of project cost.
1. Coordinate project meetings (including strategy/project planning, kick-off, pre-bid, preconstruction and status meetings); works with project team members on project activities; communicates with Transmission Construction Representative (TCR), engineers, Right of Way Department on behalf of the PM; support the PM in the preparation and updating of Project Lifecycle Management Process (PLMP) documents, Communication Plans, Checklists, Project Review Board (PRB) requests, Safety Plans, Project Completion Punch lists, etc.
2. Prepare forecasts of project spending and cash flows, budget variance monitoring, cost tracking/analysis; provide analysis and verification for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities. Collaborate with Project Management (PM) and Project Controls to establish original baseline budgets that are time -phased with dates from the PrimaVera (P6) schedule, provide the EcoSys Baseline Cost Report for the Baseline Sign-Off process (this report must be validated to assure all Budget Project IDs are appropriately assigned to the Master Project and match the IRR Estimate), process month-end forecast that is time-phased with dates from the P6 schedule, and analyze month-end standard reports. Responsible to post the standard month-end reports to PM Portal for communication to the Project Team (after analysis is performed to assure the data is correct).
3. Track, analyze and submit information for unvouchered liabilities (UVLs).
4. Create contract requisitions, provide assistance with bid documents, bid evaluations, assists in the analysis of bid results, awarding of contracts, processing change orders and tracking Contractor costs.
5. Communicate with Supply Chain, work with Contractors on various items (UVLs), invoices, contracts, proposals, Affidavit of Completion (AOC), release of retention, permits, etc.)
6. Coordinate the work order process related to a project from creation of the work order through in-servicing and closing, including work order analysis reports, placing work orders in service, preparing journal entry reclassifications, and completing the Major Plant In Service Report, etc.
7. Track and analyze project costs using various reporting systems. Advise Project Manager of project costs and notify Project Manager when the project is approaching 100%. Prepare periodic project specific cost reports including schedule of values, validating and reconciling actual , committed and incurred costs, analyzing progress to date, change management, and making recommendations to forecasted cost and analyze risks and opportunities within the allotted budget while meeting critical deadlines. Understanding Key performance Indicators or KPIs that are measurable outcomes tied to transmission construction projects(scope, budgeting and forecasting).
8. Work with Project Management Team to ensure that all financial activities on a project are performed in accordance with the policies, practices, standards, and rules of the Company and regulations and procedures as required by federal , state or local regulating agencies. Providing strong teamwork with colleagues, vendors and customers and responding to customer/vendor inquiries, resolving work order issues and implementing action plans in a fast-paced, results-oriented team.
Minimum Requirements: Associates in Accounting, Business, Construction Management from an accredited college, or related field with 6+ years of experience; or Bachelors in Accounting, Business, Construction Management from an accredited college, or related field with 4+ years of experience.
Minimum requirement includes four years experience working on cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, and working with accounting principles.
Skills required - Proficient in use of computer and MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Excellent oral and written communication skills along with a professional demeanor and commitment to customer service and teamwork.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Loading some great jobs for you...