Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish and expand relationships with current and prospective customers using multiple techniques including regular sales calls, cold-calling, industry networking, customer recommendations, etc. to drive aggressive closure of all available opportunities.
- Every action should be taken to close deals, secure contracts, drive sales growth, and generate revenue.
- Develop and deliver sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services in an effective & professional manner.
- Make presentations to OEMs, users, suppliers, etc.
- Deliver technical presentations, product demonstrations, workshops, and lunch & learns.
- Call on and, when necessary, entertain Engineers, Contractors, and Industrial Clients to facilitate better customer relationships and help promote ongoing business partnerships.
- Be strategic, organized, and technologically savvy in your approach to managing your sales territory including, but not limited to:
- Planning sales calls to achieve maximum customer face time each day.
- Use of LinkedIn and other social networks to track current and potential customers, network with potential and existing customer contacts, and perform new customer research.
- Develop strategic plans and accurate forecasts for sales territory and assigned accounts using previous sales, industry, and market data.
- Provide outstanding customer service and respond to any & all customer needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintain sales records, pipeline reporting, and generate relevant sales and market reports on a quarterly, annual, and as needed basis.
- Actively participate in weekly, quarterly, and annual sales meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of the industries served and the products & services offered.
- Track industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
- Bachelor s Degree required, preferably in Industrial Distribution, Engineering & Management, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or Sales/Marketing; equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Outside Sales/Account Manager/Territory Manager role within the industrial marketplace required.
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.