Applications Analyst works with assigned team members and other Analysts to translate business requirements into application solutions and assists Application Analysts in exercising overall day-to-day management of work streams and the resources of multiple projects. They must be a good communicator and interact regularly and comfortably across various departments and business units. We are open to this person being located in Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH or Kansas City, MO
The scope of responsibilities include software development, system configuration, dashboard and report development, data warehouse development, business analysis, process design, support, and end user training across the applications landscape. They will need analyze and interpret business and technical requirements and turn them into well-engineered, tested, and deployed business application systems while meeting targets for on time, on budget project delivery. They are responsible for making timely, effective decisions at the project level and communicating those decisions both up and down the program structure.
- Troubleshoot business problems and high level systems issues on a daily basis working with functional and technical resources
- Design, lead, and participate in testing activities
- Support ERP and other applications and systems, analyzing users information system requirements and departmental information flows
- Provide input and make recommendations to project leads to improve the quality and assurance of the solutions being delivered
- Participate in design sessions in prototyping new system solutions for the purpose of enhancing and integrating business processes, operations, and information process flow
- Collaborate with internal business users to identify and document requirements and processes that support the business objectives and initiatives
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements
- Convert business requirements to functional solutions, executing development tasks to design, test, document, and implement that solution
- Support projects to ensure successful realization of the project goals
- Become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows and their related technologies
- Reporting status to stakeholders & project teams
- Critical - Strong demonstrated functional and technical experience with Epicor Prophet21 setup and design
- Critical - .Net / C# development experience
- Important SAP Crystal Reports and SAP Business Objects Experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and Prophet21 Table Structures
- Exposure to SSRS, SSAS and data warehouse concepts
- Understanding of User Interface Design
- Experience in interface development, web services, SOAP, and RESTful API usage
- Experience in testing (unit, system, regression, integration, user acceptance)
- 1-3 years proven ERP and application development experience
- Understanding of process mapping, data analysis, and support
- Expertise in modeling / mapping as-is and to-be business processes
- Proven organization skills
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interface with staff and communicate across all levels of the organization
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Experience with Visual Studio, Microsoft Project, Office and Visio
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints
- Exceptional teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Bachelor s Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field OR equivalent experience
- Experience with Source/Revision Control systems (TFS, git, etc.)
- Experience with process mapping and object modeling with BPMN and UML
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.