This position is responsible for marketing library services and events.Major Duties
· Provides information about library services to local media outlets
· Produces press releases, posters, flyers, mailers and displays
· Posts information to the library website and social media outlets
· Coordinates work with City communications staff
· Develops and maintains communication strategies for Library services
· Communicates, engages, and collaborates with various community partners and
· Takes photographs of library programs for website and media use.
· Creates monthly email newsletter and print calendars
· Performs other related duties as assigned.Knowledge and Qualifications
· Knowledge of principles and practices of marketing, communications and public relations.
· Knowledge of library policies and procedures.
· Skill in the preparation of media releases, social media posting and graphic design.
· Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing a variety of software.
· Skill in using Internet and Social Media.
· Skill in operating a copier, digital camera, scanner, and other office equipment.
· Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
· Skill in problem solving.
· Skill in dealing with the public.
· Skill in interpersonal relations.
· Skill in oral and written communication.
o Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion
? of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
o Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major
? duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an
apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
o Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the
? State of North Carolina for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...