Have you successfully built and led your own teams, and now want to help other companies do the same? Do you want to work flexibly from home? If so, you may be a great fit for this fantastic part-time, long-term opportunity, video interviewing candidates and helping match people with positions that make them excited to start work in the morning:
- Built (i.e. hired) and led (with formal managerial responsibility) your own engaged and successful teams
- Produced fantastic results and deliverables
- Interest in shifting careers to help other business leaders and department managers do the same
Scalability Solutions (SSLLC) is looking for talented, detail-oriented, part-time / contract Team Growth Strategists to help its clients scale by serving as an extension of their management teams with very in-depth candidate vetting (interviewing candidates).
At the start of our work together, this will begin with getting to understand companies, people, roles processes and systems deeply. Upon understanding the role, company, and industry, Team Growth Strategists will conduct in-depth video interviews with candidates, create transcripts, and outline the strengths, challenges/concerns, and fit for each candidate.
After working together for some time, contracted Team Growth Strategists may also assist with other aspects of our hiring processes. These could include screening candidate applications, creative sourcing, conducting initial phone screens, and administering simulations that mimic what the candidate would experience on the job.
This position will start as a part-time contractor, and (if desired and if it's a good fit after working together as contractor), could eventually transition to a permanent part- or full-time role making significantly deeper contributions internally and externally (with clients). If it were to transition to a W2 relationship, there also would be opportunities to contribute your creative energy and professional expertise to SSLLC in other ways, including working directly with clients, developing strategic hiring, onboarding, and retention initiatives, coaching, making valued internal contributions, etc.
Scalability Solutions LLC is a team growth strategy firm that helps its clients successfully scale through effective candidate vetting, onboarding, and retention strategies and implementation of those strategies. We transform the way organizations build and lead their teams and partner with them to ensure their teams are happy, fulfilled, and empowered at work. Because deep discovery and strategic planning are always conducted prior to execution, all services result in extraordinary teams that are highly aligned with company goals, culture, and vision.
What you can expect from us:
- Flexibility and the ability to work from home or wherever you like, and to set your own schedule
- Opportunity to truly make an impact and participate in the growth of both SSLLC and our clients' entities
- A feeling of partnership
- A commitment to support your growth
- Radical transparency in information sharing
- Deep appreciation for your contributions
What we ll expect from you:
- Ability to learn very quickly (including technology, industries, companies, and roles), with a holistic love of lifelong learning
- Excellent organizational skills with very strong attention to detail
- Fantastic intuition, a trust in that intuition, and an ability to be fully present
- Phenomenal verbal and business writing skills (i.e. clear, concise, comprehensive), and the ability to write with efficiency / speed (e.g., client-friendly transcripts can be created very quickly after interviews)
- Flexibility, adaptability, resourcefulness, and a drive for continuous improvement
- Creativity, strategic thinking, enthusiasm, positivity, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to build and maintain incredible relationships, solution-oriented thinking, people skills, and high EQ
- An obsession with quality and delivering awesomeness
- Dependability, responsibility, reliability, and a proactive, self-starter mentality
- Incredible active listening skills
- Comfort with imperfection and feedback, an ability to learn from mistakes, and a love of taking on new challenges
- Excellence at managing expectations and risks, and proactive communication
- Love of teamwork, collaboration, and brainstorming
- A bit of quirkiness, with non-traditional \"outside the box\" thinking
What you will be doing:
- Creating a world where people are happy, fulfilled and empowered at work
- Conducting research to understand everything you possibly can about the company, team, role, culture, etc. for the hires that you work on. This includes reviewing notes from discovery sessions we've conducted, as well as additional research on your own (via the internet, any available documentation, and elsewhere).
- Conducting very in-depth video interviews with candidates and writing the interview transcript in the Applicant Tracking System as you interview. You may be asked to record interviews at times. In most cases, candidates will have already gone through a phone screen with someone else at SSLLC prior to this interview and you will have access to the notes from that call.
- Updating the candidate profile in the Applicant Tracking System, noting reasons for (dis) qualification, labeling, sorting, etc. Our SSLLC team members closely partner to ensure that communication in each round is generative (not redundant), and we can continue to build a meaningful relations with each candidate. The next stage following a full interview is usually a simulation that mimics what the candidate would experience on the job. Before diving into the simulation, follow up questions may be asked based on the interview transcript.
- Updating the candidate profile with notes on why they might be a good fit, if you decide that the candidate could be a good fit, and should move to the next step (a simulation that mimics what the candidate would experience on the job)
- Cleaning up the interview transcript in the Applicant Tracking System if you determined they were a candidate that should move forward, AND if they performed well in the simulation.
- Potential future responsibilities of a contract Team Growth Strategist could include any of the following:
- Reviewing applications daily, categorizing candidates, adding labels for later sorting, and moving those forward who seem like great fits.
- Conducting phone screens and creating transcripts from those phone screens, along with why candidates might be a great fit for the specific company/team/manager/role and concerns
- Administering simulations over phone, email, internet that mimic what the candidate what experience on the job
- Creating full, in-depth candidate packages, holistically evaluating candidates based on all of the above
- If you transition to employee in the future: Conducting onsite discovery sessions with clients, designing interviews and simulations, crafting strategies, maintaining fantastic client relationships, providing ongoing coaching to managers and hires, potentially bringing in new clients if desired, and making internal contributions in any area that you love (e.g. sales, marketing, process, technology, product development, public speaking, running workshops, managing contractors, data analysis, etc.)
The hiring process for our contractors:
Our hiring process is designed to be a mutually beneficial, two-way vetting process so that you can make a very informed decision about the work you choose to take on and ensure that it will bring you joy. It of course also helps us to ensure that you are truly set up for success in this role. We realize that it's more intensive than the average contractor position, but our experience shows that your effort and ours will pay off long term in spades.
- Application: We'll review your answers to the online questions. We deeply care about your answers, and consider them at least as important as your experience. If we feel like you've got strong potential to be a great fit, we'll move you forward to the next step.
- Simulation: This is a mutually beneficial, two-way vetting process. It allows us to ensure you are set up for success in the role. It also allows you to try out the things you would be doing on a daily basis and make an informed decision about whether you would actually enjoy the role enough that you could be excited to work each day! It will take around an hour of your time, and you'll get to see the systems you would use, resources you might have access to, responsibilities you'd have, etc.
- Interview: This will be conducted by Ryan, a contract Team Growth Strategist with Scalability Solutions. This too, will be mutually beneficial. He'll be interviewing you for the role, but you can also ask him anything you'd like about what it's like to serve in this role.
- Final chat: If it feels like a great fit, mutually, you'll have a final chat with the Scalability Solutions founder (Leila), who can answer any additional questions you may have
- Proven experience (more than 3 years minimum) successfully building (i.e. hiring) and leading (with formal managerial responsibility) your own team(s), as well as being an individual contributor with responsibility for actual deliverables preferably not people who have spent most of their careers as Recruiters or in HR. While there is certainly value in those roles, we augment the managerial side, and our clients deeply value that we have lived on their side of the fence.
- Bachelor s degree
- Denver-based (or relatively nearby) candidates preferred
- Authorization to work in the US
- Qualifications we definitely don t require, but would be particularly excited by:
- Having worked on the vendor side (e.g software development firm, marketing agency, etc.) where you had to jump into and learn industries and companies (clients) in a deep and meaningful way very quickly and independently
- A strong history of mentorship being mentored and mentoring others long term at their request
Scalability Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.