The employer is an automotive subprime lending company that provides financing to franchise auto dealerships.
- Planning, road mapping, and promotion of key initiatives that focus on driving GLS' NPV and ultimate profitability.
- Driving creative, innovative, and industry-leading product features that dealer-customers care about.
- Challenging the limits of GLS' Credit Policy standards, while understanding risk limitations of our organization.
- Promoting a deep understanding of the broad market / competitive environment and a specific understanding of similarities and differences between GLS and our competitors through analysis of recurring and ad hoc datasets.
- Deep segmentation analysis of cashflow expectations to promote changes to GLS' risk-based pricing frameworks.
- Establishment of testing and execution frameworks to understand and act on asset-level demand / elasticity.
- Working with vendors, data providers, and operational leaders to drive continued automation of processes.
- Three (3) plus years of experience in consumer finance with focus on credit policy / decisioning, price optimization, and / or product development; Auto Finance and / or sub-prime, consumer credit experience is preferred.
- Highly-analytical mindset with experience in credit policy design, familiarity with statistical modeling techniques and model development (ability to understand as opposed to develop), deep understanding of asset-level cashflow modeling, and familiarity with common finance KPIs and measures of profitability (NPV, IRR, CNL, etc.).
- Self-starter that is motivated by a face-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional prioritization, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to direct, audit, and manage work in an effective manner, but willingness and capability to perform autonomously.
- Ability to effectively manage and train small teams of experienced and inexperienced analysts alike.
- Understanding of the objectives and capabilities of other departments and a demonstrated capability of working cross-functionally to promote ideas and execute on initiatives with other partners within the organization.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills while presenting ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); familiarity with Python data analysis and modeling packages is preferred; familiarity with SQL preferred.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial analyst, actuarial director, actuary consultant, analyst, assistant actuary, associate actuary, cost, director actuary, mathmatics