As a Sales Corodinator, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel's financial goals through supporting and learning the daily operations of the Sales and Marketing department. As a member of the team, you will assist in selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities as directed by the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
* Have two or more years of experience working in a hotel, clerical or sales and have knowledge of the local area. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.*
* Hotel sales or Hyatt experience strongly preferred.
* Meets with clients in the absence of the Director of Sales/General Manager to effectively and professionally convey necessary fundamentals and details of the sale to the client.
* Utilizes efficient sales strategy for the maximization of hotel revenue.
* Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO's, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time. Tracks Locally Negotiated Rates. Maintains a filing system and files sales records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items.
* Coordinates necessary arrangements with vendors relating to sales. Establishes strong relationships with vendors to ensure maximization of hotel revenue.
* Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
* Sends information to guests that inquire about the property. Works with clients to book Pool Parties and other small functions. Sends group room contracts to clients in a timely manner, and follows up to ensure that they are returned to the hotel on-time. Follows up with past client events by sending out surveys. Compiles Guest Surveys and distributes them to Department Heads.
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* 401K retirement plan
* Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
* Employee Assistance Program
* Specific plans for specific positions