As a Sales Corodinator, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel's financial goals through supporting and learning the daily operations of the Sales and Marketing department. As a member of the team, you will assist in selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities as directed by the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
* Have two or more years of experience working in a hotel, clerical or sales and have knowledge of the local area. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.*
* Hotel sales or Hyatt experience strongly preferred.
* Meets with clients in the absence of the Director of Sales/General Manager to effectively and professionally convey necessary fundamentals and details of the sale to the client.
* Utilizes efficient sales strategy for the maximization of hotel revenue.
* Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO's, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time. Tracks Locally Negotiated Rates. Maintains a filing system and files sales records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items.
* Coordinates necessary arrangements with vendors relating to sales. Establishes strong relationships with vendors to ensure maximization of hotel revenue.
* Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
* Sends information to guests that inquire about the property. Works with clients to book Pool Parties and other small functions. Sends group room contracts to clients in a timely manner, and follows up to ensure that they are returned to the hotel on-time. Follows up with past client events by sending out surveys. Compiles Guest Surveys and distributes them to Department Heads.
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* 401K retirement plan
* Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
* Employee Assistance Program
* Specific plans for specific positions
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.