At Weber Shandwick, our mission is to be \"engaging,always.\" We're always looking for people who want to join us in ourpursuit and be part of a team that delivers on that promise.
We're going beyond traditional lines to integrate social, digital, advertising,content, PR, corporate reputation and public affairs. So we need differentkinds of people, and all with special talents. We're constantly looking formore of them.
And while Weber Shandwick employs lots of smart people and plenty ofout-of-the-box thinkers, what truly defines us is our collaborative culture.With a borderless approach, we find the best and brightest across continents todeliver results on behalf of our clients. We also see diversity and inclusionas more than a priority, but as a competitive advantage to bring diverse ideasand points of view to the table.
And at the heart of everything we do is The Incite: helping to create work forclients that provokes, generates conversations, tells stories, brings peopletogether.
Weber Shandwick is a global company with offices in more than 80 countries, sowe offer the advantages of a big firm - from leading-edge research,sophisticated technology and the resources to invest in growth. But, at ourheart, we still have the spirit of the small company we used to be -entrepreneurial, ambitious, warm, fun.
About the role:
The New York office of Weber Shandwick is seeking a Senior Copywriter to joinour growing creative team. We are looking for someone with the rightcombination of conceptual approach, self-motivation, and artistic skillsnecessary to create, sell and execute impactful ideas for our clients.
You will be instrumental in defining the conceptual approach and tone of voicefor multiple projects and assignments across a variety of communicationstrategies and channels. You need to be obsessive about honing your craft andpolishing your words. Understanding brand tone, a passion for problem solving,and the ability to spin stories out of thin air, must be in your DNA.
If you are serious about stepping outside your comfort zone, diversifying yourportfolio, and creating impactful newsworthy ideas that set the internet onfire, then we would love to talk to you.
Our perfect candidate can quickly gain a deep understanding of ourclients, their brand positioning and their value propositions. He or she candistill complex, technical concepts for a broad audience and generate big ideasthat garner earned media attention.
* Bachelor's degree in a relatedfield
* 5-10 years of experience working asa copywriter
* Deep understanding of the digitalecosystem and all things tech
* Comfort with a wide range ofsubjects, specifically B2B and B2C technology
* Ability to manage timelines,deadlines and juggle multiple projects at the same time
* Willingness to collaborate with awide variety of people, including creative directors, designers andaccount managers
* Ability to provide strategicjustification for all creative decisions
* Ability to graciously acceptfeedback from internal or external stakeholders and deftly incorporate itinto work
* The gift (and the curse) of findingspelling and grammar mistakes everywhere? maybe even in this job posting
* The tenacity to read to the veryend of documents and recognize when something doesn't seem right
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regardto race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protectedveteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity, marital status or citizenship status.