What you will do:
The function of this position is to professionally represent JCI within an assigned National Account client portfolio. The Account Executive will be expected to develop and manage all aspects of assigned accounts within their portfolio. This position can be based in the Corporate Headquarters in Westminster, MA or can be based nationwide in a local Simplex Grinnell office. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Retain / renew existing locations / services within assigned account portfolio.
- Capture additional locations / services within assigned account portfolio.
- Develop and execute sales strategies for additional lines of business with in assigned accounts.
- Formulate and maintain an annual business plan for each client represented in the portfolio.
- Adhere to all SG pricing guidelines.
- Close sufficient sales to meet plan objectives.
- Represent SimplexGrinnell in a professional manner at all client meetings.
- Manage the national accounts sales process.
- Ensure that all requirements are met for the initial execution of the National Account Agreement site or portfolio adds.
- Utilize web based virtual office; sales management and prospecting tools to effectively manage business and time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Acts as a central point of contact to service existing or assigned account s needs and requests.
- Minimum of three (3) years commercial sales experience.
- Proven sales ability with high-level corporate contacts.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
- Ability to comprehend and make valid contributions to developing a business plan, including sales and marketing strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and articulate Life Safety industry standards and solutions.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal oversight.
- Up to 20% travel required.
- College Degree in Sales/Marketing or other related field preferred.
***Please note role can be remote-based***
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.