Purpose of Role:
The Technical Product Manager prioritizes, plans and manages product features through the product development process in support of the overall product domain strategy. This role uses technical knowledge of full stack development, business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback and technology to create seamless customer experiences. Strong technical experience with software development technologies/methodologies preferred.
The Product Manager represents the customer/user and has the primary responsibility for defining all product requirements and communicating those requirements to the user experience and technology delivery teams. The Product Manager manages the priority of those requirements to ensure that the highest amount of customer value is being delivered in the fastest time possible.
The Product Manager uses data and analytics to analyze their business and prioritize their product backlog appropriately. They attend all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary. They provide input into business cases when new products/features are being developed.
In addition, the Product Manager will work closely with Training & Process or LOE, Operations, Merchandising, Marketing, Application/Services Vendors and numerous other internal and external parties with the goal of clearly communicating their team's backlog and roadmap and ensuring the necessary support is available upon product delivery.
• Represents the customer needs and requirements to drive feature implementation and development with associated technology teams.
• Clearly defines and write user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Reviews and approves large requirements (Epics) and smaller requirements (Stories) based on product/feature strategy.
• Accepts the stories as “done,” validating that the stories meet the acceptance criteria.
• Maintains a prioritized product backlog based on defined business value, aligning with Product Strategy and resource capacity.
• Provides UX/UI approval for the assigned product.
• Understands the “why” behind each Epic and Feature and works with the Sr. Manager, Product Management to understand the roadmap, supporting KPIs and are able to clearly communicate to their development teams.
• Uses analytics to monitor product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met, identifies opportunities for testing and product enhancements based on results.
• Align efforts across product teams, prioritizing as necessary, and driving/facilitating execution to maintain focus and appropriate momentum.
• Build and leverage solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders, other Product Managers, user experience and technology teams to facilitate successful feature implementation.
• Participates in the team demo and retrospective.
• Provides input into — and helps construct — business case documentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field.
• + years’ experience in product and/or experience management.
• + years’ experience in two or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, program management or product marketing.
• + years’ strategy and/or digital product delivery experience in executing world-class digital product and/or experience.
• + years’ experience in an agile software environment.
• + years’ demonstrated delivery of business results.
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization.
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree.
• + years’ experience in product design and/or product management.
• Prior leadership with a top omni-channel retailer.
• Experience in running a P&L.
• Strong financial acumen.
• CSPO Certification.
• Strong technical experience with software development technologies/methodologies including Containers, CI/CD, Cloud, Front End and Back End frameworks.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® home improvement company serving approximately million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year sales of $. billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than , home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately , associates. Founded in and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...