The Instructional Designer is a member of the Business Support team within the Pharma organization designing and developing curriculum for the Customer Experience Operations call center. The subject matter may include content for the various groups including Customer and Technical Support, Shared Services and Sales Solutions for both new hire training and existing employee development. This position reports to the Operations Manager-Business Support within Customer Experience Operations.
Primarily, the role of Instructional Designer functions as the department subject matter expert (SME) around Instructional Design, e-Learning, and Learning Technologies demonstrating up-to-date expertise in instructional design, adult learning theory, best practices, various delivery modalities, and new technology. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and stakeholder relationships to clearly understand the business, target audience and content needs to construct learning and performance outcomes.
- Manage the Instructional Design technology, tools and resources.
- Analyze, build, develop and maintain new hire training program(s).
- Perform business and performance analysis to determine training objectives, goals, and learner characteristics such as existing knowledge and skill level, as well as knowledge and skill gaps.
- Use knowledge of instructional system design (ISD) and technologies, and adult learning theory to propose learning solutions that are cost-effective, easy-to-create and maintain, visually and instructionally compelling and that provide a rewarding experience for the learner.
- Establish goals and learning objectives to design appropriate and effective curriculum by leveraging instructional design methodology.
- Manage the end-to-end instructional design process with a sense of urgency and drive for results.
- Employ a rapid-development approach and strong instructional design to build creative and innovative training videos, games, job aids, posters, manuals, and related learning/e-learning deliverables. Bring best-of-breed learning techniques, and technology into the development of training program and solutions.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions with virtual or instructor led to ensure delivery of materials is consistent across all markets and trainers understand the course content, learning objectives, delivery method, and evaluation procedures.
- Ensure smooth transition from final material design to implementation of program.
- Drive projects to execute successfully, managing project milestones and team responsibilities for accountability.
- Leverage learning technology tools, platforms and systems to develop new and innovative approaches to delivering training.
- Partner with Content Administrator to manage and maintain LMS and Content Library.
- ?Design course-level assessments to ensure learning objectives were addressed in the content at an appropriate learning level.? Analyze for effectiveness.
- ?Compile and analyze dashboard results on evaluations (assessing readiness, job impact, and business?? impact).
- Other training responsibilities as defined by leadership and the organization.
- Business Experience 3+ years of previous experience in instructional design and e-Learning development or related functional experience.
- Experience using authoring tools; experience specifically using Articulate Storyline/360 highly preferred; experience with Vyond (GoAnimate) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Ability to design and develop engaging and interactive training using a variety of modalities and methods.
- Advanced Microsoft Office application skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong technical writing skills, including proofreading/editing and quality assurance.
- Expert prioritization and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Must be detail-oriented, and flexible, and can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with proven success at establishing rapport with business partners at multiple levels, working on larger teams, and collaborative work habits.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a consultant, including skills to probe for understanding, identify issues/opportunities, suggest win-win resolution.
- Strong content management skills; detail and process oriented.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency with multimedia and e-learning tools such as Adobe CS5 Suite - Photoshop, Fireworks, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Flash
- Experience collaborating with SME?s to effectively develop training content
- Experience with using the ADDIE model methodology a plus
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- 4- year degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Associated topics: blogging, communication, communication specialist, copywriter, correspondent, investigative, news, publication, writer, writing