Director of Innovation - Consumer Products
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
A late stage start up Consumer Products firm is looking for a Director of Innovation. This is a role that will be the intersection of Supply Chain , Product Marketing, and Research / Development.
This is a Consumer Products company based in Boston, MA . Essentially the Director of Innovation will be operating as a high level project manager the core focus will be to get the best products through the development cycle through to delivery to the firm's distribution network
The Director of Innovation will be broken down into 3 core areas; Supply Chain, Marketing, and Research/Development. Supply Chain
- Demand & Supply Planning
- Take in all internal information driving the demand forecast (shipments, seasonality, external factors, pricing, YoY, POS data and consumption. The Director of Innovation will customer information and look at customer inventory levels. You need to look at promotional activities, and that's where you're touching on marketing and sales. You need to look at distribution. For example if a customer is opening 5-10 stores every month, you need to factor the distribution increase into the demand plan. You need to look at economic factors and government regulation because those external inputs have an impact on demand. And you build your forecast based on all of this
- Sales and Operations Planning
- You will own the process of updating forecast that leads to a sales plan, production plan, inventory plan, customer lead time, new product development plan, strategic initiative plan and resulting financial plan.
Research and Development
- Connecting new products to their appropriate target market / demographic
- Reshape internal culture and external visibility to ensure that the business lives it's mission and communicates the messing clearly both internally/externally
- Be an expert Voice-of-Customer advocate
- Understand the micro and macro drivers to build and grow market share both domestically and abroad.
- Ultimately be revenue focused and ensure that spreads both within the innovation team but also across the broader business.
- Develop and implement medium and long term product portfolio plan and lead related committees.
- Own all social media releases to align with culture, vision, and long term customer engagement.
- Work with different internal & external engineering teams on product time lines, manufacture ability , and third party manufacturing partners.
- Responsible for all compliance, regulatory, product validation, technical requirements, prototyping, formulation, specifications, and related.
The Director of Innovation this late stage start up consumer products firm should have the following
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, or related
- 5+ yrs of progressive experience in a consumer products firm
- Experience with New Product Introduction
- Experience with Research and Development
- Experience with business process outsourcing
- Experience with Third Party Manufacturing
- Experience with Supply Chain Planning concepts and implementation
- Team management experience is highly preferred
- Experience working with or within a start up business
- Experience engaging with private equity strongly preferred.
- Work / Life Balance Culture
- start up culture in with the stability of a legacy business
- Open to new ideas and core change
- Limited red tape
- High visibility
Loading some great jobs for you...