Senior Instrument Designer Port Arthur TX
- Duties include production of complex Instrument design deliverables. Generate conceptual Instrument layouts, panel layouts, motor schematics/wiring diagrams, location plans, plot plans, and equipment arrangements. Provides help in the selection of proper installation details. Assist engineer in creating Instrument index. Reviews/checks design deliverables prior to issue. Communicate complex technical issues and solutions to clients, project management, engineers and designers. Ensure that work is being properly coordinated between other disciplines, vendors, fabricators and contractors to meet project requirements. Ensure effective change management. Responsible for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control. Assist in training and mentoring other designers by providing instruction in areas of his/her expertise.
- High School diploma with some college level study required. Associate degree preferred.
- Has mastered current design and drafting software packages and has thorough understanding of Instrument and Controls and plant layout design.
- Typically has 10+ years of progressive experience in Instrument design.
- Has broad experience utilizing various process industry related Instrument specifications in design.
- Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI / Intools) Must have extensive experience using SPI for the generation of instrument loop diagrams, wire lists, building termination points (junction boxes, marshalling cabinets, FTA cards). Must also have experience as an SPI administrator level.