Associate Director, Market Research & Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
The Associate Director (AD) of Global Market Research is a full-time exempt office-based position reporting to the Vice President, Global Commercial Development. The incumbent candidate will lead the market research and analytics functions as a key member of the US commercial team.
The AD of Global Market Research drives the commercial insights for the Novocure commercial planning efforts by providing objective and in-depth market/product information on current and future markets, product performance, customers and competitor insights. The position is responsible for identifying critical business issues, opportunities for product growth and insights that inform the overall business and product strategy.
This position requires expertise in market research study design and interpretation, and a demonstrated ability to translate business issues into clearly defined research objectives. The AD of Global Market Research will design and execute primary market research studies, and manage a market research plan and budget. This individual will analyze the future competitive landscape, and will identify potential marketing opportunities and threats. The AD will also serve as an expert to all Novocure stakeholders by providing analytic guidance and helping to make informed strategic decisions and choices.
While the position will initially be an individual contributor role, the vision is to build the team and overall global function for Market Research over time. The AD will be responsible for driving this overall process and gaining critical support for the Market Research function in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for translating business issues and questions into clearly defined market research and analytics plans that will provide insights to answering or resolving those questions/ issues.
- Effectively employ primary market research and leverage secondary data to provide a holistic analytical viewpoint to the brand team.
- Define appropriate methodology for market research projects, consistent with business goals.
- Execute primary research studies in support of the brand strategy, product promotion, evaluation of new market opportunities and measures of brand performance.
- Select and manage vendors to execute and analyze research results. Deliver presentations with research conclusions and actionable recommendations.
- Manage the timely delivery of projects and project budget associated with market research plan
- Develop relationships with key Marketing partners (HCP Promotions, Peer2Peer) to understand the needs of the Brand Team and to align on all project goals, timelines, and deliverables. Ensure that all project insights are effectively integrated into new and ongoing marketing strategies and tactics.
- Build advocacy and strategic alignment across all relevant functions, including Marketing, Sales Leadership, Medical, and Legal.
- Share insights with global Marketing partners to build alignment and advocacy for the Market Research function.
- Support the VP of Global Commercial Development in creating a global vision for Market Research, and in aligning with the Executive Team on a future process.
- Lead, manage, and direct a future Market Research Team as the project workload necessitates the addition of new team members.
- Provide an objective market viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of customer and environmental information to ensure key strategic and tactical business questions are addressed. Provide recommendations on marketing strategies and promotional effectiveness.
- Serve as commercial point for competitive and market intelligence. Evaluate the market landscape, monitor changes and predict trends in market dynamics and competition for future planning. Create a vision, structure, and more concrete process for competitor analysis that involves all key cross-functional partners.
Experience and Required Skills:
- BA/BS required and a minimum of 8-10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or another health care related industry with a minimum of 5 years in health care market research with specific experience in survey design, data analysis (including secondary data), managing vendors, presenting results, and recommending courses of action that are supported by research findings.
- An MBA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience in leading and conducting traditional Market Research projects in oncology is strongly preferred.
- Strong expertise in statistical software tools and the ability to present complex data sets in clear and concise formats.
- Brings an inquisitive approach to the marketplace and an ability to work with ambiguity and little information. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Experience with secondary sources of prescription data, such as IMS and Symphony Health Systems, as well as secondary data sources like Datamonitor and Decision Resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present research results to diverse audiences, including Executive Leadership.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in an entrepreneurial work environment, which includes the ability to roll up one’s sleeves and lead or contribute to a project in a direct capacity.
Patient-forward: aspiring to make a difference in cancer.
Our patient-forward mission
Together with our patients, we strive to extend survival in some of the most aggressive forms of cancer by developing and commercializing our innovative therapy.
Our patient-forward values
Loading some great jobs for you...