We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson Assessment Specialists use their subject matter expertise to thoughtfully engage students in real world assessment of content.
● Develop and review content-specific test items, including multiple choice, technology enhanced, extended response, cluster sets, performance-based tasks, and simulations across multiple grade levels for large-scale assessments
● Help develop item, passage, and test specifications, item development plans, test blueprints, and other ancillary documents
● Help select, assign, manage, and train item/passage writers and educators to develop items based on standards, cognitive complexity, and item development best practices
● Facilitate and support customer meetings and provide content assessment expertise
● Facilitate activities related to test construction and review of composed test forms
● Consult with the customer as required, including participation in planning, status, review meetings, etc.
● Work closely with test development managers, other content developers, psychometricians, and other Pearson groups
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Some travel required
● Bachelor's degree in education, content-specific area, or equivalent degree required
● At least five years’ experience as an elementary or secondary teacher in the field of content-specific area required
● Professional knowledge of content-specific area required
● Outstanding oral and written communication skills required
● Some experience in large-scale educational measurement preferred
● General knowledge of all phases of the development, processing, scoring, and reporting of large-scale assessments preferred
● Ability to identify problems and provide solutions to a variety of audiences required
● Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills and ability to coordinate multiple activities and adapt to unexpected events required
● Broad knowledge of common software programs, strong technology skills, and the confidence necessary to work with unfamiliar programs required
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Launch your career - Create your profile now! Loading some great jobs for you...
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...