Technical Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Technical Product Manager
This position will act as the product owner for software development teams building enterprise services as well as tools needed by internal and external admin users to perform their duties. The services and the solutions are primarily focused on contextual user roles and permissions, enterprise product metadata and configurations, enterprise rostering and access to products as well as front end admin tools. The responsibility involves working with technical team(s) building enterprise services requiring backend knowledge to some extent as well as front end knowledge to be able to support Tooling work. Our goal is to accelerate student outcomes through intuitive and effective solutions aimed at maximizing time spent teaching and learning. This role requires both product ownership of the development teams and leadership of cross-functional coordination for implementation.
Our Digital Platform Group is a world-class education tech team utilizing state-of-the-art technologies to deliver intuitive learning experiences. DPG builds data-driven digital products that enhance teaching and improve learning outcomes.
Your contribution to the team includes:
• Partner with technical teams to draft Agile epics and stories with appropriate level of detail and clear articulation of acceptance criteria. Maintain a groomed backlog and prioritize stories for development, effectively managing scope and trade-offs.
• Participate in day to day scrum ceremonies with agile teams and work closely with team triad members to deliver quality work on expected timelines.
• Support the Senior TPM in planning and driving initiatives with stakeholders and technical teams. Create documentation as needed to streamline integrations and cross-team projects.
• Partner with TPMs and business stakeholders across the company to gather and prioritize new requirements.
• Triage incoming software defects and queries from internal and external customers, following up to ensure defect resolutions meet SLA.
What you’ll need to be successful:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
• In depth knowledge of software development and adoption, ideally in Ed Tech.
• 2-4 years of experience in an Agile-based, digital product development team.
• Technical acumen – capable of writing requirements and defining acceptance criteria for API-based solutions as well as Front end features.
• Strong communication skills and being able to collaborate closely with software developers and quality engineers.
• Successful at collaborating across teams of technologists, business stakeholders, and customer-facing staff.
• Ability/Willingness to work in Enterprise setup with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning across multiple offices.
• Experience managing dynamic projects with competing resources and priorities.
Loading some great jobs for you...