Vaco has partnered with a company on the west side of Indianapolis for a fantastic Business Development Manager opportunity! Are you an experienced sales manager looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience working in the manufacturing industry? If so, this could be the job for you!
This is an exciting role of player & coach. A driven sales professional that will succeed through individual contribution efforts and the ability to motivate and develop others. The BDM will drive new business development through targeted growth opportunities within current accounts, new projects, and qualified sales leads from both marketing resources and BDM efforts. BDM will be responsible for coordinating efforts of assigned sales team. This position will have direct report management responsibilities.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
Performance will be measured on the following:
- Achievement of annual new business goals on focused products, services and target markets
- Achievement of annual forecast and accurately verifying forecast quarterly
- Documentation of all CRM activities with next steps recorded
- Creating successful outcomes through the development of sales team members.
- Collaborate with the Director of sales additional sales training, (product or sales process as well as personal development to reduce team member gaps or leverage strengths to perform as a HPR associate.
EDUCATION AND/WORK EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- At least five years of related sales experience including demonstrated sales process application is desired
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing others is required. Preferred 3 years of sales management coaching.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Sales Management or other Technical degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and tasks in a deadline oriented environment
- Utilizing company policies appropriately
- Critical thinking applied to gaining customer insight to determine needs, and then act upon them.
- Successfully field coach team account managers to create sales growth outcomes.
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities using good questioning skills to advance customer account sales strategies.
- Ability to prioritize, organizes, manage time effectively, and multitask.
- Prioritize critical large growth potential opportunities and complete the sales cycle to close the sales within our goal timeline.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Past achievements creating sales growth within a team structure.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook
The requirements listed below are representative of the style, approach, energy level, etc. of this position that are required to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Self- Awareness, Emotional Self- Awareness
- Self confidence
- Conflict Management
- Active listening skills
- Service Orientation