Wayfair is looking for an experienced Director, Technical Product Management to lead development and delivery of a portfolio of Supply Chain Optimization, Prediction, and Experience technology platforms, which have global scale and impact. You will partner with business owners, other product managers, technologists, engineers, data scientists, the operations research team, and other stakeholders to understand the Wayfair Operations organization's strategic goals, identify gaps in current product capabilities, define product design & functional requirements/capabilities with a particular focus on implementation, and execute on these through delivery. You will serve as a Global Product Owner who enables value creation across numerous concurrent initiatives through the development of scalable, accessible, technical products, and drives down latency across those initiatives.
The Supply Chain Systems Core Platforms product team is central to Wayfair's availability, replenishment, demand management, and fulfillment strategies. As the Global Product Owner for this portfolio of platforms, you will drive optimal balance of marketable speed, supply chain costs, and availability, while developing a scalable, performant global product platforms at ever-increasing scale. You will work with Engineering, Operations Research, Data Science, and other Product teams to design a product architecture and build a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that shortens time to value across several availability and supply chain experience initiatives. And, you will guide the synchronized iteration and delivery across multiple platforms to support a shared end-to-end vision spanning those initiatives. You will also grow and develop a team of global product owners to efficiently grow your team's leverage and addressable scope as Wayfair scales.
Who we are: An internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Warehousing, Logistics) to develop and maintain the technology platform roadmap. We disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders and Enterprise platforms and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then, we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In this role you will answer the question:
How can we leverage or evolve our platforms to power value creation across as many initiatives as possible?
- Ensure we transform the initiative requirements into actionable items on our product roadmap.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on strategic Wayfair operations solutions
- Work with your team to translate the vision of the operational departments into robust, intuitive systems
- Transform the needs of priority initiatives into a technical approach, driven by implementation focused details, in the form of specifications towards peers in engineering / data science / operations research
- Help stakeholders to understand complex technical processes
- Provide a technical framework for stakeholder and engineering communication based on metrics, KPI's and business goals
- Proactively communicate opportunities given by our current product capabilities through metrics and measurements
- Serve as a technical partner to engineering stakeholders to further enhance our platform and drive design conversations to address global needs
- Enable problem solving across a number of initiatives, and build scalable, global, flexible products that enable speed to value across those initiatives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
Who We're Looking For:
- A demonstrated record of exceptional analytical skills, and understanding of the procedural as well as algorithmic implementation, ideally with ability to leverage given data structures
- Strong team skills in knowledge transfer and coaching with the goal to develop a stronger team
- Strong quantitative reasoning and ability to proactively deep dive and dig into data and KPIs to assess internal user behavior and to identify key improvements to the tool sets
- Ability to work independently and motivate teams to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- An outcomes-focused product management approach
- Strong technical aptitude or background
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- Preferably ability to design algorithms and demos as POC and for means of communication
- 5+ years product management / technological consultancy experience working with operational systems
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, business or a supply chain/operations or technical business discipline, MBA a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results within an Agile delivery model
- Technical background, or technical orientation; comfortable with new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proven ability to manage and execute small to medium-sized initiatives from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality