Marketing and Outreach Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Wayside Recovery Center’s mission is to break the cycle of addiction and trauma for women, children, and families.
For over 65 years Wayside Recovery Center has protected and empowered women and their families to live their best life. Today we are a leading provider of comprehensive care for women with substance use disorder, trauma, and mental health needs. We also provide children and family services to stabilize the whole family.
“Wayside saved my life!! It is a wonderful program, with wonderful staff and resources! I will be forever grateful.” −Wayside Client
Join Our Team!
By joining the Wayside team, you will become part of an ethical, compassionate, innovative team that works together to empower women, children, and families in our community. Wayside is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply.
We are looking for an employee who is:
- Passionate for our mission
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Calm under pressure
- A problem solver
We want to empower you with:
- Platinum benefits package available: Health, Dental, Vision
- Company paid long term and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous paid time-off
- Educational advancement: tuition reimbursement, tuition discounts, student loan forgiveness, paid supervision for licensing
- Retirement savings plan with employer match
Wayside Recovery Center seeks a highly creative and engaging individual to join the Advancement Team as Marketing and Outreach Manager. You will engage prospective clients, donors, partners, and the broader community in our work through effective branding, marketing strategy and creative partnerships. Your primary role will be to lead Wayside’s marketing initiatives, but we are also seeking a team player who is interested in building their grant writing skills and supporting the broader fundraising and communications goals of a small but mighty Advancement Team.
- Works closely with Chief Advancement Officer and Development & Communications Manager to develop a marketing plan that is tied to our programmatic, advancement, and fundraising goals.
- Leads a website redesign in collaboration with the Development and Communications Manager to create a more responsive website that will provide a better content management system, increase traffic, and enhance the user’s experience.
- Manages ongoing website content and metrics to ensure we are meeting our marketing and programmatic objectives.
- Oversees social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) by creating, scheduling, and posting content that engages current followers and acquires new followers.
- Creates physical and digital collateral such as brochures, ads, banners, e-communications, events materials that increase our awareness to target audiences to meet our advancement goals.
- Work closely with Development & Communications Manager to create content that aligns with our brand voice and is representative of the diversity of our staff, clients, and community.
- Builds and maintain relationships with key media contacts to build our brand and advance our thought leadership.
- Acts as brand ambassador to increase brand awareness and build strategic partnerships to advance corporate relations, sponsorships, and programmatic special projects.
- Demonstrates effective marketing strategies through defined and measurable outcomes such as increased census, website and social media traffic, programmatic and philanthropic revenue.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising, and/or managing social media channels.
- Experience working with a social media management tool (i.e. Hootsuite, Buffer) and email marketing tool (i.e. Constant Contact, MailChimp).
- Ability to work with and manage external vendors and partners (i.e. printers, designers, ad sales, media)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent creative, visual, and analytical skills.
- Works effectively with diverse individuals and communities and seeks to increase cultural intelligence
· Free from problematic substance use for at least two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
· Must be able to pass a DHS background check meet applicable requirements and regulations.
· Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Previous marketing and/or advancement work in a non-profit or health care setting.
· Experience working with design software (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign)
COMPENSATION: $55,000 - $60,000 DOE
LOCATION: St. Paul Office with travel between locations
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with some flexibility, occasional evenings, and weekends (40 hours per week)
BENEFITS: This position is eligible for Platinum Benefit Package including medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, vision, ID theft protection, retirement plan with 4% match after one year of employment, flexible spending accounts for dependent care/medical savings, educational assistance programs for degrees and continuing education, license reimbursement, paid supervision for licensing, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Learn more about Wayside at https://waysiderecovery.org/
Please include resume and cover letter detailing experience:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Apply online by using link below –
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Wayside Recovery Center is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. About Wayside Recovery Center:
Wayside Recovery Center was founded in 1954, and originally focused on helping women escape sexual exploitation. The Wayside leadership quickly realized that an underlying struggle for most of the women we served were problems related to substance abuse. As a result, Wayside began offering cutting edge treatment options becoming one of the nation’s oldest providers of gender specific substance use disorder and co-occurring disorder treatment. Over our sixty-year history, we have continued to be at the forefront of providing innovative, holistic, and gender-responsive services to address substance use and mental health needs of women. Our dedication to quality care led to Wayside Recovery Center being selected as the 2016 recipient of the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits and MAP for Nonprofits Awardee of Excellence.Wayside includes a group of dedicated employees who work each and every day to help women recover, children to thrive, and families to move forward with new tools for healing and resilience. Wayside’s four sites include our Family Treatment Center, Wellness Center, Supportive Housing apartments, and our Women’s Treatment Center. We provide care for over 600 women and nearly 300 children a year. By providing an empowering, trauma informed and culturally responsive environment for staff, Wayside empowers women to reclaim their lives while providing a healing environment for growth and renewal.Become a part of the Wayside team and make a difference in the lives of women, children, and families. For more info, visit: http://waysiderecovery.org/
Loading some great jobs for you...